How Have You Grieved?

As many of you may know, The Duggar Family (19 Kids and Counting) lost their baby Jubilee last year. Michelle suffered a miscarriage after 5 months of pregnancy.

She’s been listening to “I Will Carry You,” which my wife Angie and I, and our friend Christa Wells, wrote for our daughter Audrey when we found out she would not survive after she was born.

Michelle recently shared about their loss and her grieving. Here are some of her words:

These last couple of months have just been very precious in the fact that I have been able to grieve over the loss of all those dreams that I was looking forward to, just hoping to getting to spend time with her. There’s a song written by Selah called “I Will Carry You,” and it is the most beautiful song expressing from a mother’s heart the love and the sadness of losing a baby while you’re expecting. At times I’ve played that song two or three times a day and just sing to the Lord and then just cry and release the tears that I need to let go of . Because I think if we hold the grief in it’s not going to help us to overcome and move on.

Angie has shared about our grief in her book, I Will Carry You, and I have had many times to share from stage.

What about you? How have you grieved after a miscarriage(no matter how many weeks), stillbirth, infant death, or the death of your child(no matter how old)?

This is not an easy subject. It’s so difficult and personal.

Every April 7th is difficult. It’s Audrey’s birthday and the day she went to be with the Lord. We always struggle with how to handle that day. Do we celebrate? Should we have a cake and candles? How do we mourn? Should we go to the cemetery?

If you feel lead, would you share some of your story, so we can recognize your child’s life and your pain. Hopefully, you will find comfort that comes through sharing and knowing you are not alone in this.

2 Samuel 12:23 speaks to me so much. 22 He(King David) answered, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, ‘Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let the child live.’ 23 But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.” 2 Sam. 12:22-23(NIV)

Will you also join us as we pray and grieve with the Duggars.

Todd Smith

Here is I Will Carry You

138 Responses to “How Have You Grieved?”

1. Rosemary says:

My beautiful, vibrant daughter, Claire, died on July 16, 2012 in a hit and run pedestrian accident on her 30th birthday. The driver of the vehicle has not been found. This has been a catastophic loss with no end in sight. As a christian, I quote scripture and snippets of hymns I can recall like “Come Ye Disconsolate, where ye languish, come to the mercy seat, fervently kneeling.” At times these are but shallow words in light of my grevious reality, however, I have on occasion experienced spiritual refreshing and I wish to weather this trial in the best way possible. It has set my sights on leaving this earth, in God’s timing, as part of me died with her. I have experienced depression for the first time in my life. My prayers are with the many other grieving parents who unfortunately also do understand my tormenting plight – we share this grief together. I covet all prayers for my inconsolable, broken heart. Thank you for your song.

• Laura Lee Neva says:

Today, you are especially on my mind, now I see why. Sweet Audrey. I spoke with my best friend this AM, about his daughter in Heaven, listening to ‘Hiding Place’, God introduced us too. There is no doubt God is All in All! Overwhelming, my cup runneth over!

• Laura Lee Neva says:

Rosemary, My heart feels your grief, I will keep you in prayer, may God’s love hold and comfort you. He will collect every tear.

• sarah says:

Dear Rosemary,

My daughter, Claire Virginia was born on July 31st 2012….a month early. After reading the first sentence of your post, I felt struck in my heart….I can’t explain it, but I know your daughter lives on in mine. I hope this doesn’t sound bad in any way. I truly mean for it to bring you peace.
      GOD Bless

2. Lauri Callicoat says:

Ethan Loyd Callicoat 3/24/1989-3/24/2009
    My firstborn. I mourn all that might have been, i rejoice for all that will be. Thank you for your beautiful music. I listen and the tears flow, and my broken heart is comforted. 2Co 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassions and God of all comfort,
    2Co 1:4 the One comforting us on all our affliction, for us to be able to comfort those in every affliction, through the comfort by which we ourselves are comforted by God.

3. Rachele says:

My dear friend just dedicated this song to our little family. I am truly grateful this is an amazing song and touches what we have felt with the previous 6 miscarriages. This time we made it further than the previous. This past Monday I called my OB saying something did not feel right, he graciously saw me when then discovered the babies heart had quit beating. He called my husband who was at home with our 3 yr old and 18 months old and explained all that he knew and scheduled for us to return the following day. We gave the baby the name EVA MARIE she now sits waiting to be buried. I am struggling right now. I know we need to put her in the ground but I am holding on to what is left of her. I know we will see her in the next life and she is safe in the arms of Jesus but it is still hard. So I have just begun the grieving process.

4. Mary Massie Barnes says:

My granddaughter, Selah Barnes, died last February at 18 months old. It was unexpected and tragic for our family even though she was born with DiGeorge Syndrome. She died of something so unrelated to her condition-undiagnosed meningitis. The meaning of her name, though unusual, is a solace to us, and helps us to deal with our loss.
    Be blessed for listening…
    Mary Massie Barnes

5. Monica says:

My husband and I found we were expecting our second child two days before our son turned one. We were thrilled that God had granted our desire for another child. We both desperately wanted a daughter. When we found out that God had again said “yes” we named her Sarah ELizabeth “God’s Princess”. I went into preterm labor on 12/20/07. She was born and lived for 55 minutes. I still marvel that the few minutes that I had with her brought me so much closer to our Savior. Even though I still grieve for the loss of our dream here on earth, I am so thankful that we have the assurance that our precious Sarahbeth awaits our arrival in heaven. Your music and book has helped me so much on this journey. Thank you for ministering to so many couples who have lost children.

6. Carla says:

It was 41 years ago yesterday that our firstborn son was stillborn. We went on to have 6 healthy children (1 more son, 5 daughters) but his presence is ever with us. We have faith in the Saviour and His redeeming love and know that we will be reunited with our little one in the future. While we struggle to find meaning in such tragedies, we know that God loves His children and sometimes that’s all we need to know. Time may heal, but the memories of these tender times keep us close to our faith.

As a note to Todd: I think you and Nicol left Zaire shortly before we got there. We arrived in mid 1986. My husband was with the US Embassy. Our children attended TASOK and I taught there as well. I’ll be we know some of the same people. We love your music–discovered Selah with your Jim Brickman collaboration on “Be Thou Near to Me”.

7. rebecca mullaney says:

On a beautiful sunny afternoon in August I went to my ultrasound all excited to find out boy or girl. Instead we heard the news our little one had no heartbeat. I was induced the next day and delivered early the morning after that. A perfect, yet so tiny, girl. My Landyn. We passed her due date in January and in many ways it was like losing her all over. February 25 was 6 months. How I look forward to that day when God himself will wipe my last tears and introduce me to my daughter.

8. Bethany says:

I went through 4 years of infertility treatments before we became pregnant and had twins. But during those years I had 3 miscarriages and lost 14 embryos. I never have really taken a lot of time to mourn those losses. During our treatments there was no time. I needed (or felt like I needed) to quickly regain my composure in order to move on to the next treatment. I needed to put my fears and sorrows behind me so I could be hopeful and have energy for the next fertility treatment cycle. I rarely talked to anyone about that time in my life. During those 4 years I became really good and hiding my emotions. It wasn’t until I went to my first Women of Faith conference 2 years ago and Angie was speaking. When I finally figured out how her story about Audrey was going to end I felt all those emotions I had stuffed down years before come flooding out. I couldn’t control myself. All of the tears and pain and grief that I wouldn’t let myself experience before spilled out. I felt new. I had women from church hold me and comfort me. The following year at WoF when I saw Angie was speaking again I thought “Aha. She won’t do that to me again.” I was prepared. And then, wouldn’t you know, she had all of us who had suffered loss of a child stand. Well, I was standing in a puddle of tears by the time we sat down again. Not just my tears for me, but my tears for all of those that were standing with me.

Even though those losses still hurt (and always will) God was preparing me for what was to come. After my husband and I were done trying to pregnant using genetic embryos God opened a door for us to adopt embryos. On our very last treatment cycle I became pregnant with adopted embryos. Twins. They are the joy of my life. God is great.

Thank you, Todd and Angie, and Selah for blessing my life.

9. Steph says:

Audrey’s song is such a beautiful song, my friend was kind enough to share it with me. It touched my heart so much. My beautiful baby girl, Faith passed away on January 28, 2013. She was only 12 days old when she died. At my 20 week ultrasound with Faith, I found out that she had congenital diaphragmatic hernia. When she was born her one lung was very undeveloped they put her right away on a ventilator. I had a c-section at 39 weeks with her. A few hours later they took her to Children’s hospital. The day after she was born she went on ECMO, which is a heart/lung bypass machine. It is a life support machine. She was never able to get stable to get the surgery to repair her hernia. Even though her life was very short, I learned so much from her. I will never take life for granted again. She taught me to never give up hope. The whole time we never gave up hope that God would heal her. Even though God chose not to heal her,I still will continue to follow God. She is in heaven now. God did heal her, just not on this earth. Faith was such a beautiful and precious baby, I will never forget her. I enjoyed every day I had with her and I am thankful for all the days I did have with her. Even though Faith died, a lot of blessings have come out of this. My parents have started to go back to church. There can be joy admist sorrow. I hope my parents will be saved and many more through the life of Faith.

10. KD says:

12/31/2012- We lost our baby at 14 weeks. Thank you using your gifts to honor our great God during such a trial.

11. Laura Lee Neva says:

I recently discovered Selah group after reading a word study on Selah in “Acres of Rubies”. I grieve for my two children stolen by my ex-husband 10 years ago. A different kind of loss, and facing their hate and anger and disbelief of the truth has me feeling somewhat like David in Pslam 3, where Selah is 1st used. Your music is a real comfort, God is constantly showing me that All is in Him. I just this AM read your story with “All My Praise” in lyric booklet, which then led me to this site. And then to the discovery that Selah will be at Women of Faith in Billings this week! I had already planned to go! Wow, Godincidence! I also look forward to meeting the child I lost 37 years ago, our grief does give us the gift of understanding another’s grief. God holds us through it all, like the song “Held” by Natalie Grant, an extreme comfort for those who lose a child. Music truly heals, Thanks Selah!

• Laura Lee Neva says:

My children, Allen and Aimee!Handsome and Beloved, “It is well with my soul”, playing now! “You Raise Me Up” 1st heard at Women of Faith” Billings, 2005, sung by Shiela Walsh, it became a favorite! Love y’all singing it too, over and over again! See you soon!

• Laura Lee Neva says:

After seeing more I am seeing why God has me listening to you in both rooms, drew me here today, Sweet Audrey! Today you are especially in my thoughts prayers! Bless you!

12. Mark says:

We lost our son Scotty to a single vehicle auto accident in July of 2009, just a few weeks shy of his 18th birthday. Grief stands, childlike, in a quiet corner of every room, a silent placeholder for our beloved son. Sometimes she is still, sometimes she weeps, sometimes she screams when the twining barbs of regret and remorse wrap round her. My wife cries, as do I, and ever so slowly, the healing comes. God is faithful, He is good, and we know our child is home with his Lord. Some questions will likely never be answered, yet our hope remains. We are broken and breaking and reborn each day.

13. Charlie says:

Thank you for this song – I have played it over and over again as I grieve for my two daughters.
    We lost our 2nd child, Grace in March 2008 – she was born with a rare brain aneurysm and died 2 days after she was born. I didn’t think that I could ever feel happy again. But I did find peace eventually and happiness through the birth of my 2nd and 3rd sons – both born healthy and happy.
    My husband and I decided that we wanted one more child to complete our family (although with Grace gone, it always has a sense of incompleteness about it for me). We were so lucky to be pregnant again. I have a serious lung condition that made this pregnancy hard work but everything was progressing well. And we found out that we were going to have another daughter – I couldn’t have been happier. Call me stupid but with three boys at home, I longed for the chance to have a bit of pink in my life!! For one week I went around with the biggest smile on my face. And then I suffered a serious medical emergency due to my stupid lungs and my poor little Lexie was starved of oxygen inside me. I just hope she went to sleep peacefully without suffering. I gave birth to her at 23.5 weeks and she was so so perfect, so innocent. I let her down and will always feel so guilty. Thre are two good things that I can take out of it firstly her birth – meeting her was so very special. I had to give birth in ITU and all the doctors tried their hardest not to interfer so in the end it was peaceful and calm. Secondly, I know that she went straight to heaven to be with her big sister, Grace. I hope that they play together and that Grace helped her little sister to settle in and be comforted.
    I will always grieve for my two beautiful girls and I look forward to the day when I get to be with them again in heaven. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk about them both – as I am sure you know from your own experience, it feels good to bring them to life through memories and love.

14. I gave birth to our first child, Riley, February 1, 2013. While we were in the hospital a friend told me about Selah, and Angie. Actually, several people started sending me messages. They thought it was ironic that another Angie in Tennessee had experienced the same thing. My husband and I listed to the song, and decided that we would have it sung at our son’s memorial service. I heard it again today for the first time since his memorial. Today, the day that I am feeling the lowest in my days of mourning, and it lightened my heart and reminded me that as alone as I feel right now, I am not alone. Thank you Selah for sharing your grief and sharing this song!

15. Jeanie VanBuskirk says:

I just recently celebrated my firstborn’s birthday on 04/05/13 in which she would have been 7 this year. My husband and I plus a multitude of other family and friends waited patiently for 6 months and 6 days for her to heal. Fortunately, God had better plans for her than I could have ever given her here on Earth. She blessed our lives so much in that short time that the memories and tears we shared together will last me my lifetime. I had unfortunately never heard of Selah until her planning of funeral. My mother brought me this cd and said, “You just need to listen to this one song….it is your choice to use it or not.” I turned on the cd to Allen singing “In my life/If we never meet again” I know that we will meet again one day! I then read Angie’s book and was grateful to her for showing her raw emotions that were just like mine. I am a nursing student and was given the opportunity to share Madison’s story with my classmates about grieving parents and coping. Amy and Todd’s voices were the perfect tribute song to express my feelings about Madison. Thank you for all your blessings your music has brought to my life!! And thank you Todd and Angie for sharing Audrey’s story!

I have attached Madison’s link to the youtube video I made.

16. Angela says:

My daughter was stillborn 4/25/13 at 27 weeks. We had a perfect pregnancy until that day when her heart stopped beating. The wounds are still fresh, and my husband and I are still in the midst of figuring out how to grieve. I feel anger deep within my heart at times and often will turn to this song. I sing with everything I am to her and it helps me release some of the built up feelings inside of me. Layla Jane’s memorial is coming up this Saturday, and if I can find the strength, I plan to sing this song for her.

17. Danielle says:

I have not read the book “I Will Carry You”….yet. My mom told me about it during my last pregnancy when I was carrying Aubrey Jane, who was diagnosed with Trisomy 18…incompatable with life. A friend gave me your “You Deliver Me” CD today and I ready the jacket description of the story behind the song. Oh, the similarities! We like Todd and Angie found out at our 18 week ultrasound, were given the suggestion to terminate….and we also chose to carry our precious gift from God. I chose to carry Aubrey for as long as the doctors would let me. 42 weeks I carried Aubrey and my husband Tom and I prayed and hoped for God to heal her. I didnt want to read your story then, I didnt want to face that our story might end like yours. It did….and like you, I only see God’s love and beauty through it all. The last 2 weeks were the best 2 weeks of my pregnancy. Aubrey was almost constantly! Up to the very last moment I was hopeful that she would live. She lived in silence for and hour and a half and we also shared her with our family. She was so beautiful. God has been so generous to me in that I dont feel the pain of loss. At Aubrey’s memorial I shared that I dont know what its like to lose a child. There was a point in the pregnancy that I gave her to God and realized that this was His baby…I was to be a serrogate and carry His child for what ever His purpose was. It then became pure joy to carry Aubrey! We are expecting again and in 3 days we will have that 18 week ultrasound. I face it with no fear. I have no reason to think that will ever happen again but I know that if He calls me to it again, He will bring me through it again. I would never have asked to carry a child that wouldnt live, but I wouldnt change a thing. God changed me through it all and I am so excited to see our baby girl again one day….healthy and whole!

18. Michael McGrath says:

O, my much loved brother and sister in Christ! I was awakened by the Lord this morning, with a desperate agonizing cry in my heart – “O, Lord Jesus, marry me to Yourself! O, Lord Jesus, marry me to You!” (Romans 7:4). I rose up out of bed to spend some time with Jesus. I was looking for the song, “O, The Deep, Deep Love of Jesus” online, when I came upon your heart-breaking story of the loss of your little one.

I am an out-of-the-box prophetic sculptor. Basically, I sculpt the human figure while I am ministering prophetically to the broken-hearted. If I could be there for you, your husband and your family, I would get on a plane and minister the love of Jesus to you all, face-to-face. Since this isn’t possible, let me take a few precious moments to share with you what the Lord is giving me for you.

Here is what I am hearing and seeing from and in the Lord Jesus:

“Forbid NOT that these little ones come to Me! For THESE are what My Kingdom looks like! Behold, My beloved child, here are ALL of the little ones who have come home to Me! What do they look like they are doing?”

At this point, I began seeing in my spirit a giant gathering of cherub-like babies being carried about by angels, or crawling around in the grasses of the Eden of Heaven, or toddling off to play. Jesus is slowly walking there in the midst of them. One little one is sitting on His shoulders, with her little arms wrapped around His head of curly black hair. He has one little boy in His arms, and another is walking beside Him, with his little hand wrapped in Jesus large, masculine hand. And, guess what they are ALL doing?!?! They are laughing and giggling with delight. And, so is Jesus! His laughter is because of THEM, for THEY are His glory! (Ephesians 1:18).

Your little girl, Eva Marie, is the little girl sitting on Jesus’ shoulders, laughing herself silly in the presence of her Beloved Friend Jesus.

It may be too soon to stop grieving, for God has designed grief to have its way, in order that the sorrows of life wouldn’t crush us beyond repair. But, the Lord wants you to know that HE is taking care of your little one until it is time for you to go home to be with Him. Do NOT try to hasten your journey home! By faith, SEE Eva Marie with Christ in the heavenly realms, giggling, playing, romping with others like her and with the Great Cloud of Witnesses, who are ALL looking after her, and are watching how YOU are rejoicing in the perfecting, purifying love that is spread abroad in the depths of your hearts. THIS loss will, in the near future, be seen by you as gain, for the dimensions of YOUR hearts will be expanded to contain the very love of God for others who have gone through what YOU have gone through. YOU will be enabled to comfort others with the same comfort the Holy Spirit has nurtured you with.

Marry yourselves to the Living God! Allow Him to supernaturally encounter you at every step of this journey you are on! Invite Him, in ALL of His glory to make YOU His glory, for EVERY human being on this planet was designed to be His masterpiece. BE His masterpieces, my sister, my brother, and NEVER, EVER doubt the incomparable love of Jesus, your loving Bridegroom!

I pray this reply encourages you in the midst of your sorrow and points your eyes heavenward, to behold the Face of your loving Savior. Plant a kiss on His tender lips, and NEVER let go of Him!

In His Love,
    Michael

19. Tasha Fernet says:

My husband and I found out we were expecting baby #2 in January 2012. In May we learned that baby was a boy, and we had selected the name Jonah Michael- we were also told he was going robe a “big boy.” We scheduled the C-section for September 17th, 39 weeks. On September 16th around 8:45pm we headed to the hospital because I was certain my water had broken. While they hooked me up to all arts f monitors, the nurse sad she was having a hard time locating his heart beat, this didn’t raise any alarm, it was that way at every appointment for both boys. She kept trying with no luck. Dr. came in and also could not find a heart beat. At this point I started to panic. They brought in an ultrasound tech, she couldn’t find it either. They told us that our precious baby boy didn’t make it. It was the worst day of my life. They prepped me for surgery, the doctor was expecting a 10 lb. baby and figured that would be the safest route. At 12:06 am September 17, 2012 our son Jonah was delivered. He was 11.7 lbs. and absolutely perfect. We were able to hold him and take pictures, but we had to say hello and goodbye all at the same time. It hasn’t been a full year yet, and we’re not sure what to do for his first “birthday.” Our hope is in The Lord and we rejoice in the fact that we will see our son again someday!
    His love is AMAZING,
    and so is His grace.

20. Jen says:

Todd, Angie, & The whole Selah crew,

Tomorrow marks 2yrs since I lost my sweet Addison Lucille. I was 3 days from delivery and my dr. found no cause for her death. Needless to say my life has been forever changed!

I came across your song, “I will carry you” I played it over and over for weeks. A friend of mine gave me the book “I will carry you” by Angie. I am thankful that she wrote that book. It helped me in more ways than one.

God always gets the glory from our mess if we allow Him too!

I am remembering my sweet Addison today & the tears are flowing, God is still in control & His grace is suffient for me!

Thanks for sharing your story.

Love ya,

Jen Bass

21. Rachel says:

I feel the pain in this song . One of my best friends nieces died at birth …they couldnt find a heart beat but they had to deliver her . That baby would have been beautiful her Mother is very pretty including all the other family members . This baby Ayva Leigh is missed dearly but the sweet mother Brooke thinks everyday that her child died for a reason and they truly miss her . WE PRAY FOR ALL BABY DEATHS.

22. Charlene says:

Lost my son Brian 25 two years ago. I am struggling still. I love Selah’s music. I Will Carry You is beautiful. I have listened to Angie and Todd Smith family story video. That has helped some, but I don’t see what good and or glory could become of his death. No witness to the world or anything like that. I struggle with verses I have known for years–like God having a plan. Really, this death and more are his plan. Can’t say I get it. I am trying to….

23. Melanie says:

In February of 2010, I lost my twin sons. It was the same story as your wife; I was told they weren’t going to survive, but I carried them anyway. They had twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome, and I was raced off to a hospital by plane in a different province where the only doctor in Canada could perform the surgery to separate the placenta. That night, the smaller twin died, with a 1% chance of survival. Only 19 days later, the bigger twin died; with an 85% chance of survival. On February 27th, I held my baby boys in my arms as I said goodbye. My mother gave me the book “I Will Carry You” and it has taken me over a year to read; simply because it hurts so much to read, I can only do a few pages at a time. I’m expecting baby #6 in March 2014, every day I pray for a healthy baby. Hearing this song for the first time today (I was trying to figure out how to buy a CD of Selah for my secret prayer sister at church when I stumbled upon this), opened up those wounds again and I am once again able to be thankful for the few moments I held when they were in my arms, kissing them not “goodbye”, but “see you later”. People are healing by her story, as I’ve began the journey to write my own as well in the hopes that other parents who deal with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) can heal from their loses as well. Thank you… and God bless you!

24. Jennifer Yancy says:

After struggling with infertility for 6 years , I finally got pregnant and was surprised to find out we were having twins. We lost one of our twin boys to twin to twin transfusion syndrome at 26 weeks in November 2005. Robert was the smaller of the two, he only weighed 15 oz. Whitt was born 4 days later weighing 1 lb 11 oz. We were told he wouldn’t make it. Thankfully God did have a special plan for him and he was able to come home 81 days later. We continue to grieve for Robert. I held him for awhile after Whitt was delivered. He was tiny but perfect. I don’t think that “ache” for your child ever goes away. I could have held him for days and it wouldn’t have been enough to make my arms feel any less empty. Even now I can’t look at a set of twin boys without having a pain in my heart. When I look at Whitt I wonder if he ever feels the loss of his other half. He is 7 now. Someday we will tell him more about his brother but right now he isn’t mature enough to handle that conversation. We are so blessed to have him! I owned 2 Selah CDs at the time and they helped carry me through a very difficult pregnancy. I always cry when I listen to “I Will Carry You.” We were given the choice to terminate Robert . We decided that wasn’t an option for us and prayed that God would provide an answer. He did. He knew all along that Robert was Whitt’s guardian angel. He passed away with his brother beside him in his mother’s womb. I wouldn’t have wanted him to go any other way. Thank you Lord!

25. Rebecca says:

I found out a week ago that my baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, 2 days. I try to remember that day/time and what I was doing. I still haven’t miscarried, so I am just waiting, crying and grieving. I found this song while looking for something to help me focus on God and mourn my baby.

26. Andrea says:

My daughter, Gwyneth Rhiannon Lee was born 11Sep2009. She was born at 25 weeks after a complicated pregnancy. At 15 weeks my water broke. The doctors told me I would most likely lose her within the week. When that didn’t happen, they suggested an abortion. My husband agreed, but I couldn’t do it, even though I knew she wasn’t likely to live long. She ended up living for 3 1/2 hours. It’s been four years now, and I still quietly grieve. Yesterday was her birthday, and it was a rough night. My husband and I are getting a divorce. He’s left the state. I have two other children: a five year old son with Autism and a 17 month old daughter. I’m so grateful for them. They’re my entire world. But I still miss Gwyneth. Next year the kids and I are moving to be with my parents and I can’t wait.

27. Lindsey says:

On September 5, 2013 we found out we lost our baby. I was still hopeful up to the 8 week mark when I started to miscarry naturally. The baby wouldn’t let go though and I ended up needing a medical procedure. This is the most heart broken I have ever been. We decided to call our baby Micah – “Who is like God” – because he or she is with God now. I have struggled so much with my faith these past two weeks. I can’t understand the Lord’s plan and I feel like my grief will never subside. I am sad and angry and desperate. We prayed so hard for Micah and the Lord has taken him away. Your song, “I Will Carry You” has helped me immensely. “The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD.”

28. I do not even understand how I finished up here, however I thought this publish was good. I don’t recognize who you are however certainly you’re going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren’t already. Cheers!