Be (My Heart, My Hands, My Voice)

Selah’s New Song & Video “Be (My Heart, My Hands, My Voice)!

In case you have not heard, we wrote, recorded, and made a video last month called “Be.”

We shot it on location in Istanbul, Turkey.

The song was inspired by Jesus words in Matt 16:24-25 (ESV) Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.”

I’ve let my “American Dream Theology” define what I think God wants of me, and has called me to. It’s so far from the truth of His Word.

Hopefully this message will remind us we are called to give everything. We are called to suffer, be persecuted even to the point of death if that’s what Jesus requires.

The young women at the beginning of this video (below) is choosing to give everything.

We hope her story encourages and challenges you as it has us.

Todd Smith

60 Responses to “Be (My Heart, My Hands, My Voice)”

1. Gordon Moore says:

Please please make the sheet music and sound track available for purchase. God is going to use this in amazing ways.

Thanks

2. Ray says:

Amazing!

3. Teresa says:

Thank you so much for this encouraging song and video. I pray for your ministry and the lives that are touched by God through you. Looking forward to seeing Selah at Women of Faith-OKC in August! 🙂

Teresa

4. ESTEBAN says:

that is an amazing message!!! praise the Lord! many blessing! four yours!!

5. Janice says:

Please let us know when the mp3 will be ready for purchase. What a beautiful song! Enjoyed your recent concert in Ancaster ON! Flew from Alabama to enjoy it! So worth the trip!

6. Billy says:

Homerun you guys! Thank you for staying faithful on the journey even through your brokenness. Last week someone told me that “God can use greatly those who have been broken deeply”. This song is evidence!

7. a JOY says:

I have been listening to this song again and again and again. I heard it yesterday when one of my siblings turned it on. It is so true that being a follower of Jesus requires death to ourselves. It is definitely not a life of ease and comfort if you want to be a true follower of Jesus. At times it means losing friends (even in the church) because you wont just go along with sin…like so many others. I think of the passage in Acts that says, “But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.” Acts 4:19
    Thank you guys for sharing the song. May God’s grace be upon you as you seek to be His slaves and His friends…”No Matter the Cost.”

8. Deniece says:

This song made me cry! love it, love it, love it! Glory to God!

9. Eusevia says:

When watching this I got chills sent up and down my spine! It is a true testament of faith and courage! To have this strength and display it is to encouraging!! Thank you for sharing!!

10. Dominique says:

I love it

11. Dominique says:

It’s beautiful!!!

12. Marshall says:

Well done!

I would love the sheet music/chord chart to share this with our church.

Thanks!

13. Annette says:

Thank you so much for your transparency!!

14. Susanna says:

Living in Turkey makes this song and video so real to me and my husband.
    We cry through it. Start the day as in prayer with it.
    Thank you for inspiring us who live in Turkey

15. John says:

Thank you for reaching out to the Muslim people. Watching you openly minister to those on the street in Istanbul was inspiring and brought tears to my eyes. My prayer is that God will use this video and your music to stir others outside their comfort zones. You truly have the heart of missionaries, the same heart that brought the Creator to earth as a Savior.

16. Alan says:

Amazing and praise God for you!

17. Lynn says:

LOVE this! PLEASE, please, please make it available soon to buy the mp3. This is such an encouragement to me to keep doing what God has called me to do. (I live in Turkey, so it is especially meaningful.)
    Thank you!

18. Maria says:

I needed to hear and see this. While I find that place that God wants to use me, this encouragement lifted me, gave me comfort. Thank you.

19. Lynn says:

Really hope the music and trax will be available SOON!!! Our folks need this song in worship.

20. Anita says:

Beautiful song!! Thank you so much for denying yourselves to be God’s heart, hands and voice into this world through your ministry of music. Your songs touch the core of my heart and bring such wonderful praise, glory and honor to our Lord and Savior. I denied my calling into the mission field years ago and I am so sorry for that now. I am so glad you have been and are still there. Blessing to you!!

21. Brenda says:

Your powerful video brought tears to my eyes over and over again each time I watched it yesterday. My world is so small and too often focused on me and how everything affects me. Thank you for reminding me that it is all about HIM! Your video was playing through my head when I walked my neighborhood and saw a stranger a couple blocks over staggering in his driveway and drinking another beer. I wasn’t bold enough to tell him how much God loves him, but I prayed and asked God to give me another chance. I would not even have thought that way if I hadn’t just seen your video. Thank you.

22. Stephanie V. says:

WOW! As I was working today in my kitchen and talking with my Heavenly Father about my future plans, I ran across this song! I can’t even put into words what a blessing this song is to me today!! Your group has really touched my life with your music! God bless and may you continue to crank out great songs like this one!

23. teresa davis says:

Please make the sheet musie and sound track avilable for purchase.. GOD is going to you this song in a special way.

24. teresa davis says:

please make the sheet music and sound track avilable for purchase. GOD is going to use this song in a special way. you all need to keep up the great work GOD has lead you to do .

25. Reno Raju John says:

wonderful song … very touching..!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL WITH MORE NEW SONGS ..!!! can i get lyrics for this song ..!!

26. Debra Clark says:

Wow! So powerful! I wish you had sang it yesterday at the Dallas Women of Faith Event. I was very touched

27. Michelle says:

when will it be out on cd? I loved it!

28. Dorothy Namuhisa says:

amazing song, am grateful to visit this page. i feel blessed!

29. Melissa says:

Dear Selah,

Tonight in the comfort of my American home I watched this video and sobbed. My faith is too comfortable. My trials are too selfish. I claim to follow Christ but rarely move because of my fear – fear of what? I know God, what do I need to be afraid of?

I have sat back for too long and longed to share my faith and have done nothing more than couch evangelism. That needs to change. I need to deny myself – deny my comforts.

Prayers will be offered up tonight. Thank you. Bless your hearts for sharing this with me. Thank you. God bless.

Melissa

30. Fred says:

God Bless to this fellowship…

Continue to win souls thru your songs…

31. Shellhua says:

Beautiful and powerful song..super loved it!!!!

32. Cathy Wilson says:

I heard this song on YouTube about a month ago. It has become my favorite song. As a missionary in North America to immigrants and refugees, I want the words of this song to be my heart and calling.

33. I have been listening to this song again ,again and again so powerful and touching. I’m from a very small remote community population around 2000 the song is going out and some people are asking for lyric! Can you email it to me.

34. judith says:

thanks for sharing such a wonderful song. it really and truly ministered to me.yes we must be the heart, hands and voice of Jesus

35. Don Caswell says:

Very powerful song and video . Having been a missionary in the Middle East for. A while in the past this touches our heats.
    Thanks and God bless

36. I’ve posted the video on Thirteen Three Canada’s Facebook wall. Amazing song!! As a part of the Voice of the Martyrs, we understand what a vivid reality this is. The video clearly portrays the outcome of being insanely dedicated to Christ; lives are changed for eternity. I’m a fan!

37. Ron Riemar says:

I want to use this song as the Theme song for 2013 for our church. How can I get the sheet music for it?

38. Wanice Odell says:

Our church (Roopville Road Baptist Church) Roopville, GA does a missions highlight every Wednesday night during our Discipleship University. It was about 3 weeks ago when I heard this song for the first time. My husband (Rich) and I fell in love with it the minute we heard it. My husband come home from church that night and downloaded it from iTunes. What a blessing it is to our life. We are searching for the soundtrac, is it available yet? Thanks for being a light in a dark world.

Rich & Wanice Odell
    Carrollton, GA
    770-550-9226

39. Amanda Clark says:

This song moved me to tears. It’s so beautiful! Your music has blessed me more than you could ever know.

40. Matt Garner says:

Are there chord charts or sheet music available for this? Please?

41. Roger Groeneveld says:

Please let me know when My Heart, My Hands, My Voice is available on CD or MP3 download. We can’t ignore the message anymore. God Bless You.

42. Kerry Kelley says:

What a powerful message…amazing! Thank you so much for the message! Exactly what I needed to hear!
    Bless your ministry & message!

43. Becky says:

God used this song in my husband and my life. We have been studying the topic of being a true follower of Jesus. This song and testimony of the sweet young girl on here didn’t just move us to tears….it has moved us to act! We are taking up our crosses. We are following what our Savior has been whispering. God used you to sing that calling on our life…and sing it, you did!!! So very, very beautiful!!! This is much more than a pretty song! It is the truth of His calling for every one of us that call ourselves a Christian!
    Thank you!

44. Evi says:

this video was awesome, please come to Indonesia to do the same thing like you did. go reach the lost!

45. Completely blessed by this today…. thank you for this beautiful message!!

46. seeker says:

HI, May I use your YouTube to use further posting on evangelization. Of course all credits will be linked to your site. Please let me know. Thank you.

47. maria says:

you three like an angel, thank you for such a beaustiful song.. God bless u all,

48. maria says:

how can i get the lyric?

49. Lori Ann Lee says:

I too was so blessed when I heard this song – it is the prayer of my heart that we can all be the hands and feet of our Savior Jesus!!!
    Please let me know when the print will be out for this song… I would love to have it sung as a challenge to my church family as we strive to following in the footsteps of Christ together!

50. Krystal says:

I can’t play the video, it’s telling me that it is private… I want to here this song, help me. Please