9/11 We must never forget

8 YEARS AGO TODAY…..

We were at a radio station located about 20 minutes from the Pentagon doing an interview on their morning show. We had finished the interview and were moving into the station’s conference room to have breakfast with some listeners who had won a contest to spend some time with us. Immediately after we sat down to enjoy our meal together, through the glass windows of the conference room, we saw the radio station staff running about in a manner that suggested something was happening. Someone burst into our room and said, “A plane has hit the World Trade Center!”  Someone found a TV at the station and plugged it in, and we all crowded around it, hoping to figure out what was going on.

There’s no need to detail everything of that day — all of us know the horrors that transpired. They are burned into our memory, and every one of us remember where we were when it happened.

Please take some time today to pray for the families of the victims of the attacks. Also pray for our nation — that we may be united in our resolve against evil.

A few days after 9/11, a friend of ours put together this video that was shown on his local news affiliate. We hope it touches your heart and stirs your memories of that day.

We must never forget –

–Allan

9 Responses to “9/11 We must never forget”

1. Laura says:

Thank you for the 9 11 tribute. How can I get a copy of the 911 radio mix of Press On? I teach at a Christian school and would love to share a song that has touched me so deeply. Most of the students have no understanding of what happened, nor how to see God’s power and strength when we go through times of seeming despair. THANK YOU!

2. Laurie says:

Thanks for the reminder, Allan. Beautiful tribute!

3. Scott says:

That was absolutely amazing video, with such a powerful song. Thank you for sharing. I am sure it touched all and hopefully moved many toward Christ.

4. Randall says:

Allan,

Thanks for posting this video. It is important that we remember the healing and grace we always hunger and that HE gives to us.

You and Amy and Todd delivered an amazing Sunday morning of worship and an incredible evening concert Sunday night of music, praise, laughter and testimony at Community Church of Hendersonville. Thank you for continuing to inspire and touch people with your great talents.

God Bless you guys and your families.

R

5. Jane Kirkham says:

How marvelous. The scenes bring the memories and terror that filled all Americans. The song reminds us that God is in control.
    Thank you for this.

There was also one I heard on KLOVE that had the song Press On with a narriation. I drive a delivery truck and heard just some of it. Please is it on the internet anywhere.

6. Bea says:

October 8th 2009. That video track sums it up & speaks to us all as no words could. I will never forget. So many family never again to be “normal”. Please God, grant them peace.

7. Angaaba peter says:

9/11 for me was the saddest thing i hv ever experience in my life.as a ghanaian i always pray and hope that the lost lives will fine eternal life and that family of the death will be comforted as they mourn their dear ones.may the good god bless america and the entire world.

8. Jeanie Kostun says:

Sorry for my recent OOPSY, Allan! My computer skills need a little work….LOL

9. Liz Perreault says:

Hi Allan,
    We have never met but I wanted to encourage you. Your cd has blessed me many times. I often play track 5 while having my quiet time with the Lord (Nearer My God to Thee/Peace Be Still). It is such a blessing to my soul. Please know that you are continuing to touch loves and minister to hearts. Please remain faithful to the Lord and His work. p.s. I would have emailed you this message via your website but I accidentally deleted Outlook from my computer.